Apply Early & Win Contest
Apply and pay online by January 15, 2013 to have your name entered in a draw to win money to put towards your education expenses.
Three prizes will be awarded:
- First prize - $2,000
- Second prize - $1,000
- Third prize - $500
RULES & REGULATIONS - APPLY EARLY & WIN
1. To enter and qualify submit your application to ontariocolleges.ca by 23:59 (11:59 p.m. EST), January 15, 2013. CONTEST CLOSES: 23:59 (11:59 p.m. EST) January 15, 2013.
2. Prizes: There will be three (3) cash prizes, in Canadian dollars, awarded. First prize: $2,000; Second prize: $1,000, and Third prize: $500 toward educational expenses. Prize(s) must be accepted as awarded, and are not transferable. Only one prize will be awarded per contest winner. The odds of winning will be determined by the number of eligible entries received by the contest closing date.
3. Selection Process: All selections will be made at random from among all eligible entries received by the contest closing date. The draw will be held in Guelph, Ontario, at noon on September 30, 2013. Selected entrants will be contacted by phone or email. Up to three attempts to contact a potential winner will be made. After three unsuccessful attempts have been made to contact the potential winner, another name will be drawn. This process will be repeated until all three prizes have been awarded. To win, selected entrants must first have completed a written declaration confirming compliance with the contest rules and have correctly answered a time-limited, skill-testing mathematical question to be administered by phone at a prearranged time. The selected entrant's enrolment and registration into their chosen college program will be verified by OCAS prior to awarding any cash prize.
4. No correspondence will be entered into except with potential winners. Ontario Colleges Application Services accepts no liability for printing errors in material distributed for this contest.
5. All decisions of the independent judging organization are final. Prizes will be awarded and delivered to the confirmed winners by the Ontario College Application Services. All entries become the property of the Ontario College Application Services. No responsibility will be taken for entries lost, misdirected or delayed. Winners will be required to release the Ontario College Application Services and its agencies and representatives from liability with respect to the contest and the prize.
6. By entering, the winners, if requested, agree to have his/her names and photographs used without compensation for advertising purposes related to this contest and for disclosure in accordance with Paragraph 10.
7. The contest is open to all residents of Ontario who have a current (2013-2014) paid application on file with ontariocolleges.ca, and have enrolled and registered into the program of their choice at one of Ontario's 28 publicly funded colleges, except employees of the Ontario College Application Services, Colleges Ontario, their associated companies and agents and members of their immediate families living in the same household.
8. An entrant under the age of majority in his/her province of residence must have a parent or legal guardian consent to his/her participation. OCAS has the right at any time, and in their sole discretion to request proof of identification and parental consent for any entrant. Proof of identification and parental consent must be provided upon request. If a parent or legal guardian does not provide consent, the entry will be disqualified. The contact information collected by OCAS with your entry will only be used to award the contest prizes and for purposes related to paragraph 6 and paragraph 10. OCAS will not use this personal information for any other reason and will not otherwise disclose this personal information to any other party.
9. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, municipal and local laws and regulations.
10. The winners' names can be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Ontario College Application Services, 60 Corporate Court, Guelph, Ontario N1G 5J3, before December 31, 2013.