There is a non-refundable fee of $110.00 CDN to apply to college through ontariocolleges.ca.
The application fee includes up to 5 program choices (no more than 3 at any one college); the programs must start within the same academic year (August to July). To apply to programs starting in the next academic year, you will need to create a new application and pay a new application processing fee.
Your application will not be forwarded to your college choices until the application processing fee has been received. Payment of this fee doesn't guarantee that you will get an offer to your program of choice, but you can make changes to your program choices within the same application cycle without any additional payments. Please note that there are no exemptions from the application processing fee.
Other fees may apply in addition to the $110.00 application processing fee, including transcript request fees for some educational institutions and a $5.00 transcript processing fee.
- Online. With Visa (including Visa Debit), MasterCard or American Express.
- By phone. You can contact us to pay over the phone using a credit card. We accept Visa (including Visa Debit), MasterCard and American Express.
- Mailing a Certified Cheque / Money Order. Make the certified cheque or money order payable to ‘ontariocolleges.ca’ and be sure to include your 9-digit application number as well. For our mailing address, see our Contact Us page. Do not send cash in the mail.
All fees are non-refundable. There will be an additional $25 fee for returned items. This fee applies to all payment items returned to us for any reason including NSF, a closed account, stopped payment or post-dated cheque, etc.
What is the Application Fee Used For?
Curious what your application fee is used for? We’re a non-profit organization and the fee we collect for your application goes towards providing services to our applicants, including:
- Online application service available 24/7. Each year we process over 200,000 applications from people like you who want to go to college. All of these applications go through our online application service, which allows you to apply to all 24 of Ontario’s public colleges in one place.
- Centralized transcript and document processing. We receive thousands of electronic and hardcopy transcripts from college applicants every year. It’s our job to make sure your transcript is attached to your account and transmitted to every college you’ve applied to.
- Centralized posting and confirmation of college admissions offers. Each year, we not only process college applications, we also handle hundreds of thousands of college admissions offers. Offers from your college choices are posted on your application and all that’s left for you to do is click the Confirm button.
- Customer Contact Centre assistance. Our Customer Contact Centre offers support by telephone, email and live chat, with extended hours during peak seasons to guide applicants smoothly through the process.