Life at College Boréal
Boréal offers 90+ post-secondary and apprenticeship programs in a variety of fields. Having modernized our program delivery methods to better meet the changing needs of our diversified clientele, Collège Boréal students can upgrade their skills, gain an extra certification, or earn their diploma at their own pace!
Our Campuses and Access Centres
Currently, Boréal has six campus locations and 37 access centres in 25 communities across the province. Whether you are looking to study close to home, up North, or in Central-Southwestern Ontario, we’ve got a location for you! Boréal also offers a number of distance-learning programs, including Early Childhood Education Administration, Human Resources Management, Gerontology, Long-term Care Management, Court Clerk, and much more!
Boréal offers a wide array of personalized services relating to health and wellness, learning support, immigration and settlement, and employment.
- Health promotion services are offered at no cost to Boréal students by a nurse practitioner who is committed to the promotion of health and the prevention of disease.
- Wellness services (i.e., dental care, esthetics, hairstyling, and massage therapy) are offered by Boréal students, under the supervision of faculty members, to students and community members at minimal cost.
- Our team offers a number of learning support services designed to provide Boréal students the very best in support and assistance. From tutoring and guidance to counselling or first-generation services, Boréal is committed to helping every student succeed.
- Boréal offers several language programs for newcomers (i.e., CLIC, LINC, ELT, and OSLT). We also offer the Bridging Program for Internationally Educated Francophone Professionals as well as settlement and orientation services.
- Collège Boréal offers public bilingual employment services through Employment Options (EO) to respond to the employment needs of individuals and the skilled labour needs of employers. Free services include job postings, labour market information, and recruitment and candidate preselection. Boréal’s Centre d’emploi (employment centre) also offers assistance to students and graduates in search of employment. Free services include access to job search tools, resume assistance, simulated job interviews, job readiness workshops, and coaching or mentoring.
Boréal’s student association (Association générale des étudiants et étudiantes) organizes various activities aiming to promote a vibrant college atmosphere in each of our six campuses. The wide array of sociocultural activities allows students to explore their cultural differences while celebrating their francophone roots.
As members of the Ontario Colleges Athletic Association (OCAA), Boréal's athletes (Vipères) compete on the collegiate circuit at regional, provincial, and national levels in badminton and volleyball. The College also offers a variety of recreational activities, such as intramural/extramural sports and fitness classes (spin, hoopfit, yoga, Zumba, etc.).
Programs at Collège Boréal