The Boréal experience
Collège Boréal offers more than 70 post-secondary and apprenticeship programs in a wide variety of areas. Thanks to Boréal’s modern methods of program delivery, students are always able to upgrade skills, gain new certifications and work towards obtaining a certificate, diploma or degree at their own pace!
Collège Boréal has also developed and implemented many articulation agreements with other post-secondary institutions, so you can save time and money!
Our Campuses and Sites
Boréal currently operates 36 sites, including seven campuses, located in 27 communities throughout the province.
Whether you want to study close to home or anywhere in northern, central and southwestern Ontario, we have the location you need! And through Boréal en ligne, our virtual campus, we also offer many distance education programs allowing you to study from anywhere.
Collège Boréal offers a vast selection of customized services in fields such and health and wellness, learning support, immigration and settlement, and employment.
- Health services are provided to all Boréal students. In addition, Boréal has a mental health team on site for all students.
- At the Sudbury campus, wellness services such as dental care, esthetics, hairdressing and massage therapy are offered to Boréal students and community members at a low cost by Boréal students under the supervision of teaching staff. The Timmins campus also offers hairdressing services.
- Our team offers several learning support services that aim to provide Boréal students with the best possible assistance. Whether it’s tutoring, guidance counselling or accessibility services, Boréal is committed to helping students succeed.
- Boréal offers bilingual employment services to the public through Employment Options. These services help individuals find jobs and help employers find the specialized workforce they require. These free services include job postings, labour market information, as well as recruitment and candidate preselection. Boréal’s Employment Centre also provides assistance to students and graduates who are looking for work. These free services include access to job search tools, help in preparing a résumé, simulated job interviews, workshops on job readiness and coaching or mentorship services.
- Are you missing credits? You did not obtain your high school diploma? Our Adult Learning Centre (LBS/ACE) can help you pass the required courses for admission, get your equivalency to grade 12, or improve your oral communication or skills in French or in English.
- Boréal offers many language training programs for newcomers such as CLIC, LINC, ELT, and FLAP. We also offer a transition program aimed at French-speaking professionals who were trained abroad, as well as settlement and guidance counselling services.
An enriching Boréal experience means taking advantage of a wide range of services and privileges available to you. Get involved. Develop a sense of belonging. We want you to create a balance between your studies and your social life, build friendships outside the classroom, and maintain good mental health.
- Collège Boréal’s student association, the Association générale des étudiantes et étudiants(AGEE), organizes a variety of activities of interest to students and fosters a vibrant collegiate atmosphere on all seven campuses. The wide array of student services and social, cultural and sports activities gives students the opportunity to appreciate their cultural differences while celebrating the richness of their own roots.
- As members of the Ontario Colleges Athletic Association (OCAA), Boréal’s athletes, the Vipères(based at the Sudbury campus) compete on the college circuit at regional, provincial and national levels in badminton and volleyball.
- Boréal also offers a variety of leisure activities which include intra- and extramural sports (hockey, basketball, indoor soccer) and fitness classes (spin, yoga, Zumba, etc.).
Programs at Boréal