You belong at Durham College. Join us for an open house or program information night to meet our faculty and explore our programs. Book a campus tour or connect with a member of our Student Recruitment Team. We're here to answer your questions.
Click here to visit our campus, explore our programs, and connect with us!
DC by the Numbers
- 12,500+ full-time post-secondary and apprenticeship students
- 16,000+ part-time continuing education and online students
- 3,300 international students
- 106,200+ alumni
- 145+ full-time, in-demand programs including certificates, post-graduate certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas, and honours bachelor degrees
- 1,000+ educational pathways available with schools across Canada and around the world
- $5 million in scholarships, awards, and bursaries available to students*
- Over 350 jobs on campus
Life at Durham
- Brand new, 60,000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art Ontario Power Generation Centre for Skilled Trades and Technology
- New Centre for Innovation and Research, including the one-of-a-kind Mixed-Reality Capture Studio
- Esports Gaming Arena for recreational and competitive gaming, as well as hands-on learning
- FastStartDC entrepreneurial hub and support centre to support student innovation
- Athletics facilities include five gymnasiums, 10,000 sq. ft. fitness centre with track, twin pad ice hockey facility, outdoor soccer facility, softball facility, and field house
- W. Galen Weston Centre for Food, which includes award-winning full-service restaurant, Bistro ’67, featuring field-to-fork approach with food grown and prepared by students in our gardens, fields, apiary, and greenhouses
Get Involved in our Vibrant Campus Community
- Join one of our student-led clubs and associations, including peer mentor program, Riot Radio, hip hop dance club, and more
- Try out for varsity sports or take part in intramurals
- Take on a leadership role through our Student Leadership Institute
- Apply for a number of flexible, on-campus job opportunities
- Participate in on-campus events
Be Career-Ready with Hands-On Learning
In addition to in-class learning in our labs, studios, shops, and simulators, nearly all of DC’s 145+ full-time programs include a hands-on learning component, such as internship, co-op, field placement, capstone project, or applied research.
And with booming industries right in our backyard, Durham College has close partnerships within the region’s key sectors, including technology, agri-business, manufacturing, and culinary management, giving students direct access to industry experts, co-ops, and career opportunities.
We’re Here to Help
To help support your well-being and academic success, all students can access a variety of services and resources, including:
- Academic learning support
- Accommodation and access support
- Athletics and recreation facilities
- Campus Safety
- Career counselling
- Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion programs and supports
- Financial aid and awards
- First Peoples Indigenous Centre programs and supports
- Wellness and counselling services
Enjoy Life in Durham Region
Durham College has campuses in Oshawa and Whitby, both near 400 series highways, making it commuter-friendly and only 40 minutes from downtown Toronto. There are also plenty of on- and off-campus housing options, and first-year students are guaranteed a spot in residence.
In addition to being a great place to learn, Durham Region is also a great place to live, work, and play! With a mix of urban and rural environments, we have many natural parks and trails to explore. There is also a bustling arts and culture scene, a variety of restaurants, and lots of sports, activities, and amenities to enjoy.
Programs at Durham