Life at Georgian
With small classes, lots of student resources, friendly staff, volunteer and work opportunities, dynamic varsity teams, clubs and campus events, you’ll find your favourite way to plug in to student life.
Georgian Student Life
You’ve probably heard the phrase “you’re not just a number,” but at Georgian it’s really true! When you become a student here, you become part of the Georgian family.
- plenty of opportunities for socializing and making new friends on campus – action-packed orientation week, concerts, pub nights, clubs, part-time employment, volunteer opportunities and much more!
- active student council ensuring students have a voice at Georgian, from the day they arrive on campus to the day they graduate.
- excellent athletic facilities and classes, varsity sports (go Georgian Grizzlies!), intramurals, extramurals, recreation and trips offer plenty of ways to stay active.
Georgian Student Housing – Your New Home
We offer a variety of housing options for students – from on-campus residences (Barrie, Orillia and Owen Sound campuses) to off-campus apartment buildings, room and board, and houses to rent or share.
Georgian Student Services
Everyone needs a little help sometimes, which is why we offer a wide variety of services to get you from orientation to graduation. Our students tell us that our friendly staff make a huge difference in their college experience.
We’re here to help, every step of the way, with:
- faculty coaching, peer support, student advisors, tutoring
- accessibility services
- health services
- indigenous resource centres
- awards and scholarships
- financial aid
- meal plan options
- library and academic success services
- co-curricular record (an official document students can use to enhance their resumés or portfolios)
Join us for Open House
Saturday, Nov. 10, 2018 and Saturday, Feb. 9, 2019
All seven campuses. Tour the campus, meet faculty and students.
Get Help to Go Back
Tuesdays: July 17 and Aug. 14
Various campus locations. All Get Help to Go Back events run from 5 to 7 p.m.
Connect with us in other ways
Book an in-person appointment, phone call or personalized tour. Get more details online.
Programs at Georgian